Old 08-28-09, 12:37 PM
nwmtnbkr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Congratulations on meeting your goal! Truthfully, if you live where there is winter weather, you'll probably not ride as much once the worst of winter sets in and you should consider what exercises you'll substitute for bike riding when you're unable to ride. It's a lot easier to gain weight back than to maintain your ideal weight. And if you slide and start eating more and riding less (if your region has bad winters), you may find yourself gaining weight back rather quickly. (The unfortunate reality is that many who successfully diet but don't make a permanent life style change end up gaining more weight than they originally lost through dieting.) I would suggest that you keep a food exercise diary. If your exercise pattern changes (drops), you may need to adjust your caloric intake, reducing it.

I lost 139 pounds over a 2-year period and have kept it off for 4 years. I exercise like crazy 6 days a week and watch my caloric intake. I will do this for the rest of my life. I maintain a food/exercise diary in an Excel spreadsheet. I avoid processed foods. I eat much healthier and read all food labels. (Avoid anything that has "partially hydrogenated" on the label--that trans fats.)

Good luck. Keep that weight off.