Old 08-28-09, 03:53 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MilitantPotato
I want to be dry. A couple of vents placed in decent locations would be great. Asking for a set of pants with vents to be under $50 bucks isn't being a cheap ass, just practical.

I want something that keeps me dry, and allows venting if it's needed. No reason that should cost a weeks worth of food.

If it was as simple as going to any store near here I'd do that, but it's not. I've not found any second hand clothing that would fit since I was 14 years old, rain pants would be a one in a million find.

I'm sure foxwear is great, they look amazing, just not what I want or need. I'm not bashing foxwear, or any other company that sells raingear for $$$$$, just saying for me, it's wasted money when all I want is to get from A>B without being soaked to the bone. But thanks for the helpful post.
Sometimes you need to think outside the box.

For example full fenders, most water that gets on your lower extremities from rain, is actually thrown up by the wheels. Combine this with a rain cape and you should end up nice and dry without the special pants, well designed rain capes will fold into an amazingly small space, cheap plastic ones are available and cheap, better ones that last will cost a little more. One large enough to extend out over your hands and you will be drier then any rain jacket/pants. Capes can be fully waterproof, and you stay drier then even the best rain jackets/pants, because they are really well ventilated.

One source of them is army surplus, as the military often used rain capes in the past, since they are really effective, they probably still do. You want a high collar though that will fit under the back of your helmet, so you don't get wet neck.