Thread: Easton Wheels
View Single Post
Old 08-29-09, 01:48 AM
sstorkel

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I bought a set of EA90 SL wheels at the end of last year. Well-built, very stiff wheels. I was considering the SL and the SLX but was concerned about weight, so I e-mailed Easton before purchasing. They told me that they didn't have weight limits on either wheel, but that I might feel more flex from the SLX and need to true it more often. At that time, I think I was around 185-190lbs. I was impressed that they actually responded to my e-mail and did so within hours rather than taking days!

Haven't had a single problem with the EA90 SL since purchasing. Probably have 2000-2500mi on them since November. The rear freewheel is pretty loud and the stiffness makes the ride a bit more harsh than my last wheelset. I live in a hilly area, so I appreciate the 300g drop in weight over my previous wheelset. If I'd known how successful my cycling weight-loss program was going to be, I might have opted for the EA90 SLX or Williams System 19 wheels instead...