Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OT: Birthday Suggestions

My first-born, a beautiful daughter, was born 21 years ago in December. The very day she was born, when I had finished all the phone calls and was home with some time alone trying to wrap my brain around the miracle, I sat down and wrote her a letter, with the intention of delivering that letter on her 21st birthday. In the letter, I tried to describe how it felt to become the father of such a beautiful child, and how proud her mother and I was, and how she was the result of our love. I described my hopes for her, and, knowing I would be giving her the letter when she turned 21, welcomed her to her adult life.

Now, all these years later, she's about to turn 21. And I still have the letter, which has had to be resaved over the years in the latest version of Word. I intend to give her the letter on her birthday.

I'm just not sure how to do it. I have terrible handwriting, so I have ruled out a hand-written copy. I've been thinking about what to do, and interested to see if any of you has an ideas. I could have it engraved as a plaque (it's about one page long). I could print it on good quality paper with a hand-writing font. I could combine it somehow with a baby picture. I'm just not sure how to proceed, so I though I'd ask all you if you have any ideas. I'm hoping it will be something she'll want to keep the rest of her life.

Any ideas?

Proud member of the original Club Tombay