Luddite
Mrs. DataJunkie

Bikes: Asama "Luddite" and Kuwahara MTB from the 90s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qmsdc15
No kidding!? Your bike looks like you painted it yourself and stenciled the graphics. I guess that's what they want me to think. Luddite is actually the name of a production bike? That's really cool and your bike is cool too.

Try rolling the bars back until your grips are level to the ground, that's how your handlebars are designed to be used. Your back might feel better as this will put you in a more upright position. If you don't want to change the angle of your back, you can lower the stem. Bars rolled forward like that is not pleasing to my eye, but I'm sort of OCD. I think it's not ergometric either. That stem is my second favorite pivoting stem after the Cinelli Ergo. I think you could get a good fit without tweaking your bars like that.
You mean more vertical? I'm a bit confused. My goal is to ride a metric century on that bike as comfortably as possible.

I mean "cheap" as in low grade, though it's no Cambodian Tire Bike. This bike is actually $313.60 at Sport Junkies, the head wrench guy there designed it himself. I like that it doesn't have suspension anything, it's steel and no nonsense.

I'm impressed with the tires, too, I have gone off many curbs, broken glass, really rough gravel etc, they don't flinch.

Nice to bump into you too, WCPeddler.