View Single Post
Old 08-31-09, 07:28 AM
Terrierman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1400 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tome
OK, thanks guys. I guess I'll stick with the gearing I've got. I'm definitely going to upgrade on my wheels. I'm wondering about things like crankset, Bottom Bracket set, handlebars and seat post. The Coda Comp has a suspension seatpost but I can't feel it when I ride. Maybe changing to a carbon fiber would be better or would the weight difference even matter?
I ditched the factory post for carbon on my Coda Elite. The weight difference is small, but rigid post is, in my opinion, better. Better = more comfortable, easier to get saddle adjusted for optimum comfort, and more efficient use of energy.

Coda's have the gears, you can hardly find a bike with wider range. (My chainring is 52-42-30, cassette is 11-32 ). Some folks think that's a bad thing as the difference between different gears is larger with the Coda type of cassette than you find on most road bikes. Me, I think its a good thing and I use them all now and again. Better wheels will be money well spent. What tires to you ride? I like Continental Ultra Gatorskins, they seem to have a decent mix of toughness, comfort and rolling resistance. Mine are 700x28. If you want to roll faster, and are willing to give up the comfort, going to 700x23 would help.