JPradun
Pokes On Spokes

Bikes: Pedal Force ZX3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bostongarden
Full details about a crit today in Race Report section, but, I'm pretty psyched by some of the data from today's race in, as I understood it, a strong field, including some pro-am racers...

7th place
time 72' 50"
ap 208.5
np 243.0
mean cadence (w/ zeroes) 64.5
mean mph 27.35
mean mph in last 25" sprint 35.75

The small adjustment that I made in my sprinting technique helped...I was closing at the end...my 15s and 30s max were in the last second of the race at the line...the power numbers may not be incredible, but, when considering the average of 27.35 mph for the race and the energy I could put out to average almost 36 mph for the last 25 seconds of the race (it was a flat finish)...there is little doubt that I'm learning some good stuff from training with power....

I'm not sure whether this is a good way to go with respect to assessing power data, but, I am less inclined to automatically assume that only higher numbers can mean better results...yes, greater power, all else being equal, is better...but, I'm less inclined to be concerned about "lower" power numbers...perhaps, training with power is helping me become a more efficient rider???
Average and normalized power for the last 5-10 minutes? Average power for the last 1 to 2 minutes? That is where it counts. I'm surprised NP was only 248w for a 75min race -- you must have done a good job conserving energy.

How much do you weigh?