Old 09-01-09, 10:37 AM
Red-Dog

Bikes: 2009 Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old Guy in Ohio

Hello everyone! I'm in Columbus, Ohio and have returned to bicycling after 27 years of gasoline-powered travel. My son-in-law started riding as did my boss (who is hiding somewhere on this forum) which forced me to believe there actually are good reasons to ride.

I fixed up my old Ross Touring II bicycle to join them but found I had degenerative wheel disease. Faced with dropping $75 to $100 on 27" generic replacements, I opted to use my recent bonus check (yes, some businesses still give bonuses) on a 2009 Fuji Roubaix. Of course, I am now committed (as my wife keeps reminding me) to riding regularly.

I recently earned my MBA and 35 extra pounds weight from sitting around reading text books and writing research papers. I realized that, if I am going to live to enjoy the fruits of my labors, I need to lose that weight and then some. And what better way than to ride a bicycle! So, a couple/three times a week, I and my son-in-law (and occasionally my son) ride the trails in Central Ohio and burn off calories.

I'm hoping to learn how to use my bicycle efficiently and safely while taking good care of it as I burn off fat and develop legs of steel. Well, I can always dream! I look forward to your words of wisdom, your stories as "road warriors," and your secrets as caretakers of the two-wheeled chariots.

Clifford