Standalone 
The Drive Side is Within

Bikes: Road, Cargo, Tandem, Etc.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by shinew
hey I live in New Haven CT too! It's strange that bike shops here don't like to carry folders despite people asking for them. I checked the MTA's website before I bought a folder for rules regarding folding bikes, they're allowed at all times & they do not need permit. http://www.mta.info/bike/

Is that red Dahon Curve D3 parked at the Devil's Gear bike shop yours? If you're a guy, yes I agree that you'll look ridiculous riding on it
yup. totally mine. I bought it there. They once had three... looks like their last one sold sometime this summer, so I guess they do carry folders sometimes at least. They had a new D7HG there today. It's there for the recall replacement of the handlebar post hinge.

I ride it through the hood in Bridgeport all the time. I even let one of the kids hanging out on the stoops ride it. Basically daring him not to steal it right in front of my face. I asked him not to pop a wheelie on it. He did of course. The kids call that "walking" a bike.

I checked that website, too, and still was wary of bringing a big one on. I was just convinced that they'd think folders=small...

On the bus in Milford the other day, I got some flak for bringing the curve on with my two preschoolers in tow. I told the driver that the small wheels just wouldn't fit on the front carrier, and that I'd had no problems last winter/spring. She grudgingly let me on with it....