View Single Post
Old 09-04-09, 06:50 AM
meanwhile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spider
You'll have to use the Wayback Machine - Bontrager's most interesting articles got taken off the web after his company was acquired by Trek. It's easy to see why if you read them.
Too bad. Would like to have seen that.
What's hard about using the Wayback machine? You type its name into google, click on the link... Ok, then searching gets messy. But the article is here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200010222...1_01_1998.html

- an excellent discussion of frame flex, since born out by finite element analysis.

The other "rants" that disappeared are here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200008190.../rants_f1.html

Wish I could find the trail angle paper!

I've experienced the same miscalculation of speed in cars. As an old beater rattles and shakes and makes lots of engine noise, it seems like it's going faster than it really is. Whereas when driving a finely tuned, well engineered, quality car, I find myself traveling at excessive speeds without realizing it.
Sure.

Suit yourself. Having read some of your posts, I can see that you make excellent arguments, but your delivery is often less than civil.
Definitely true.

Too bad. You'd win over a lot more people with a more respectful approach. Admittedly, that's just my (non-scientific) opinion.
You assume that I want to win you over. What I actually want to do is to make you think before mis-reading sources or claiming credibility for a source that is clearly junk. Frankly, if I could then I'd slap you around the head with a medium sized rotting fish and disqualify you from voting until you got this right. And if the fish didn't work, then in an ideal world you'd be neutered, to stop your Poor Source genes being passed on. It's this sort of cognitive malfunction that causes global warming and most wars. Stop it already!

(Excellent empirical evidence suggests that negative stimuli work better than positive ones here.)