View Single Post
Old 03-08-05, 05:32 AM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Schumius
thanks rowan, it would be cool to read some articles about that route. and to be honest i´m not a big fan of sands so i guess that would make the tour furthur difficult.

i think this is one of the times that people would happily take their trailer on tour without a second thought. anyone out there willing to lend me his/hers? if anyone´s thinking about a divorce please let me know, i´ll buy ya a beer i have 4 ortlieb water bags, each one can carry up to 10L so i can set off with like 42L on my bike, do you think that would be enough to reach rabbit flat? i suppose i don´t have to drink that much because it´s winter but have no idea of how much we would really drink each day.

fks, do they have a list of schedules or something like that available online or in the local infomation?
Schumius

I found that article, by Larry Nolan, in the March 1997 Australian Cyclist. I suppose you could say it is a little outdated, but probably not by much. I gather from the information published in Larry's article, that the number of cyclists through Rabbit Flat in the previous 26 years suddenly increased from six to at least 12 in two months.

Anyway, the Tanami obviously is doable, maybe more so with the insipient occupation by four-wheel-drivers, but there are some warnings in the article, especially about heat, water and sand.

I will try to scan the four pages and send it to you by PM.