alanbikehouston

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Roger B
Besides Electra Townie, who else makes flat footed bicycles
Roger
Trek and Giant. Actually, any bike can be a "flat foot" bike if you put the saddle low enough. The problem is the rider won't be able to get full leg extension while pedaling.

I bought a traditional style beach cruiser for a friend of mine. She insists on putting the saddle low enough to put both feet on the ground at stop signs. Putting the saddle low to the ground with a "traditional" bike makes it impossible for her to get full leg extension while she is riding with her feet on the pedals, but she feels "safer" sitting lower to the ground. As with many adults, she does not ride often enough to feel relaxed on a bike...but she won't ride more often until she has a bike that feels comfortable.

If she traded her "traditional" cruiser for a cruiser with a "flat foot" design, my friend could have BOTH full leg extension with her feet on the pedals, and the ability to put both feet flat on the ground at stop signs.

The best way to see how a bike works is to ride it. If you are interested in a bike of this type, find a dealer who will let you borrow one to see how you like it.

Last edited by alanbikehouston; 03-16-05 at 03:14 PM.