Old 09-06-09, 03:05 PM
yrrej

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Yen
Hi all, Mr. Yen here.

My reasoning comes from the fact that my other bikes are a Trek 7500 (hybrid) and an old 1972 model Schwinn Sports Tourer (a ten speed). They both weigh about 35 lbs. I have found that climbing hills is not significantly different on any of them. Maybe a half to one mph. So I believe that any difference is due to gearing or fitness and not bike weight. My weight is about 175.

I think I would look into a more advantageous gear set for the Sequoia. I have even considered getting a Sequoia for myself. Either that or a Surly Long Haul Trucker. The Sequoia because of the better (for me) geometry than the Roubaix and the Trucker for its lower gearing. Yen can spin up hills on her LHT easier than on her Roubaix Expert Triple using the middle ring in the front on both bikes. The Roubaix is faster for her on the flats but probably insignificant since we ride only for pleasure and/or fitness. No racing.

Hope this info helps in your decision process.
Hi,

I bought a Schwinn Sports Tourer back in the early seventies and I really enjoyed it But then
I was seduced by the Dark Side and bought a motorcycle ( Kawasaki Z1a).

As I recall my Sports Tourer was a bright orange...Could you post a picture of yours?

My Sequoia has a SRAM 11x28 rear cog set and the front is 50x39x30.

It looks like I might as well bite the bullet and hang with the Sequoia Comp...

Jerry