View Single Post
Old 09-07-09, 12:50 PM
jeffpoulin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
I think what lil brown bat is saying is that you never know. Sometimes little things turn into big things when you ignore the pain. Case in point, back in June, I slept on my arm in a funny position and woke up with a sore shoulder. It didn't hurt too badly, so of course I rode with it the next day. The pain started spreading, but I rode anyway thinking I only slept on it wrong, how bad could it be? After a week, the pain was still there, and I still rode on it. After two weeks, the pain was so bad, I couldn't ride every day and would ride a few days then take 2-3 days off in a row. At three weeks, I couldn't even lift my arm. That's when I went to see a doctor who said I needed to rest it for at least 3 weeks. So I did, and 3 weeks later, my shoulder finally felt better. So sleeping on my arm wrong turned into a 6 week injury because I was too stubborn or stupid to take care of it right away. I'm 40, and I've had my share of injuries too. I thought I knew how to take care of myself, but this one caught me by surprise. Perhaps your foot injury was something similar: small at first, but got worse over time. I hope it's not that, and you're back to normal in a few days, but it's hard to know how these things can play out.