Old 09-07-09, 05:32 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
A perfect season so far.....slightly O.T. (but there's pictures)

What a great season this has been.

Spring was sunny and bright which is a 'Special Treat' here on the North Coast. Winter ended early which was an added blessing. Now of course it wasn't perfect as we had more wind than I can ever remember having, but I was able to get an early start on my recreational riding just the same.

Summer was very slow to come around and very, very wet. I don't like heat so there was a plus right there and my days off from work often occured on the one nice day of any given week...dumb luck, but I'll take it. Around mid-August Summer became more normal. The skies dried out, the temps. warmed up and the sun came back. I managed to log (an incredible for me) 2000 miles during the three month period of June thru August.

Now my bride has been very patient with me and has not complaind (within my earshot) about my putting my riding as my #1 priority over household chores. Now it's time to even up the score so to speak. We've spent the last week working outside on our old, rotting, dilapitated stockade fence. I've curtailed all riding untill this project is complete.

Notice the propped up fence posts in the background. They broke last February.

That's not my Bride, it's our oldest daughter home for a visit last May.

So we have purchased two new posts and we have finally taken down the braces and pulled the rotted out posts from the ground. Not an easy job as they were 4 1/2 feet deep.

Yes that is a chain and an old Bumper Jack. Why use one's back when there are convenient tools just lying around?

The fencing isn't in much better shape.....

So far the new posts are in place...

And the fencing is almost all stained and ready for installation...

The weather has been and is predicted to remain perfect for doing this job. The timing couldn't have been better...a long summer and spring of riding and now great weather to fix our fence...all 100' of it.

You can rest assured that as soon as this project is complete I'm jumping on the Tour Easy and taking a much deserved long 'Ice Cream Ride'!!!