Old 03-08-05, 06:58 PM
Belugadave

Bikes: 1999 LeMond Zurich and 2004 Giant OCR Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 531Aussie
I don't race anyomre, but I can't tell you how much it used to piss me off when some fat guy, who did nothing for the whole hour, came through to win a bunch sprint -- but I guess I "knew the risks when I took the job on."

This is where longer course road races are better: you can use favourable wind conditions on long stretches to expose the wheel-suckers
Wah, wah, wah, what a bunch of whining. Wheelsucking is a huge part of racing and all the strategy and variety that goes with racing. How much do you see Lance out front in the Tour de France? Never, except when he's kicking butt on a climb. How much do you see Cipo or Petacchi out in front? Never, until the finish line. If you don't like wheelsuckers then stick to time trials or hill climbs or do like oneradtec said and attack and make them suffer and drop them. If you can't drop them, then they must not be as fat as you think. I do agree with you that it sucks when you're trying to get back on and no one helps, but usually, especially in Cat 4 races, a lot of the riders aren't capable of doing a pull to try and get back on (that's me sometimes). If I'm in that situation, I will certainly try to do a pull and apologize if I can't maintain the speed needed. Don't let the wheelsuckeres get you down, develop strategy to eliminate them. By the way, I guess I take it a little personally because I'm one of those fat guys that has a decent sprint. But, I'm struggling and fighting just to stay with the group so don't think I'm not working hard and by the way, I've never won a race, just a sprint prime.