View Single Post
Old 09-09-09, 01:52 PM
mkmorris24

Bikes: Felt F3 road bike, Paramount OS road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm the guy who owns the bike and I was hoping it would be worth around $300. But then I'm also a big fan of Paramounts and Waterfords having owned both. The bike was a gift from my now ex father-in-law who kept it when he closed down his bike shop in 2000. It had only been ridden once at that time - by his son one afternoon when he was bored. Since it was supposed to be sold as new he took the bike apart to clean it well and when putting on the cassette he didn't have the threads on right, when trying to take it off he stripped the teeth completely off of the 12 tooth cog (one of two threaded cogs on the cassette). The bike sat idle until it was given to me. It was ridden once off road since after modifying a different rear wheel/cassette and since then has only been used for running errands or going out for short rides with my 7 year old son. That's the history of the bike. Don't know if it helps or not but at least you know what's going on with it. I'd be happy to answer questions anyone might have.