kjc9640
Slo Spoke Jim

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh road bike & love it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pat
Well over on the other side of the state (Florida) is the Withalacoochie Trail which goes through Inverness. It is not very busy and you can do a century on it if you throw in a short road loop. In Winter Springs is the West Orange Trail which now goes from just north of Apopka all the way out to Clermont, FL. They are also putting the finishing touches on the Cross Seminole Trail. Of the bunch, I think the Withalacoochie Trail is the best. There are plans of tieing a bunch of the central Florida trails together into a grand network. If you scuba dive or snorkel, you can combine the Withalacoochie Trail ride with an excursion to dive in Crystal River and gawk at manatees.
+1 to what Pat has written. I might add the James Van Fleet Trail which is mid way between the West Orange and the Withlacoochee. It runs north and south through the Green Swamp. I ride the Seminole Wekiva most of all because it is just outside my front door. The Pinellas Trail in the Clearwater/St Pete area is not bad but does not compare with Withlacoochee, West Orange, or James Van Fleet. JMHO