Old 09-10-09, 07:36 AM
dynaryder
DancesWithSUVs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcin
Noone has mentionned anything about the 2010 Cannondale Quick 2? Please let me know what your opinions are. Why isn't this bike more common?
Wow,ask a simple question,trigger a debate. Hey folks,remember the OP?

I'll try to answer your question. The Quicks aren't that popular because Cannondale is considered something of a luxury brand;consider them the Cadallac of the bike world. Most folks looking at C'dales are going for road bikes or MTB's. The Bad Boy line gets noticed because they're higher-end hybrids,but the Quicks/Adventures/Comforts kind of get ignored. I haven't seen many in shops,and have only rarely seen them on the street. That's not to say they're bad bikes,it's just that folks looking for this style of bike usually go with Trek or Giant or Specialized etc,etc.

The specs for the bike look nice. I think it would be a nice flat bar road bike. Donno about that fancy seatpost quick release;not sure how you could effectively secure it against theft without having to pull the seatpost every time you lock up. Knowing C'dale it should be light and handle good,and should have excellent build quality. Really though,the best bet is to test ride one and see how you like it.

C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L/S2E-X