View Single Post
Old 09-10-09, 04:26 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
So MM and Pamestique, what kinds of trails are you riding? Serious up & down with roots & rocks & obstacles trails? Some up & down but cleared trails through woods? Or varying terrain, fairly well established dirt trails?

I don't mind a fairly level packed dirt trail, I like the isolation of riding those. But I'm not big on technical mountain biking, with serious hills to climb and obstacles to negotiate.

As to giving up road riding, that would be difficult for me to do given as how I've never taken it up. I've put in a few miles now and then, and there's a short cut between two rail trails where I ride a road for about 1.5 miles, but I don't enjoy it at all. I'm not used to cars buzzing past within a few feet at 50+ mph. In part due to my inability to hold a straight line well, my right arm takes it upon itself to twitch now & then, sending me about 2' to one side or the other. That's not a good thing on a road, not so much a problem on a rural rail trail.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post