Old 09-15-09, 07:53 AM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
I don't have pics either, but perhaps they will come.

Yesterday evening I was checking my local dumpsters and I saw a bicycle wheel sticking out of one. On closer inspection there turned out to be several bikes down there. I must have spent an hour pulling bikes, throwing pieces of lumber and plumbing fixtures &c out of the way, and so on. Rode home rolling one bike alongside my commuter bike; went back with the car later and filled it; and went back for one more with my bike because it was too filthy --dripping with spilled paint-- to go into the car.

Off the top of my head:
Early 70's Schwinn (Chicago) Super Sport, lady's model, complete but somewhat rusty.
Late 80's Nishiki, lady's model with lugged frame, I don't know the model, front wheel missing, rear wheel trashed.
Early 70's three speed (Shimano 333), complete but covered with spray paint so uncertain of brand.
Early 80's Schwinn MTB-like bicycle, low end.
Mid 70's (?) Schwinn (Japan?) World Sport (?), looked pretty good but I couldn't get it out from under all the other stuff. I took the rear derailleur (Suntour Honor).
The rest, as far as I can recall, were low end MTB's, mostly 90's, from Schwinn (I left one, may have taken one), Trek, Iron Horse, Roadmaster (I left it), Next (I left it), and I don't remember what else.

Why did I take them? You have to ask? Well, honestly, I don't know. I just can't help myself, I guess.

What would you do with a 1972 Super Sport, lady's frame?