Red Rider
Don't mince words

Bikes: '16 BH Quartz, 2017 Calfeecustom carbon tandem, Fuji D6 TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sknhgy
My longest ride to date has been 75 miles, and on weekends I regularly do 40-60 mile solo rides. Usually early in the morning after a light breakfast. I'm thinking of signing up for a supported century ride. Sound like a good idea?
A century is hard only if you think it is. If your mindset is that you're riding 5-20 mile segments (based on how far apart your stops are) it's a piece of cake.

You may find yourself questioning your sanity toward the end, especially if there are hills involved, or unrelenting headwind, but as long as you know in your head and your heart you'll make it, you'll make it.

I love a century -- the miles and miles of pedaling in beautiful country takes me away from my stressful work and semi-mundane life. My brain relaxes and lets new thoughts and ideas enter. And the endorphin overload is amazing.

Sounds like you're well on your way -- I recommend a carb overload the night before, a hearty breakfast, and plenty of hydration. Try to be in and out of stops in 10 minutes. You won't have much lactic build up if you don't linger at the stops.

Above all, have fun! 'Cause if it isn't fun, it won't be done.