Old 09-16-09, 10:24 AM
nymtber

Bikes: See Signature...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fenders on a 2009 Sirrus?

Ok guys n gals, I have been thinking of adding fenders to my 2009 Sirrus I bought a few weeks ago. We have been having some road work around here, and there is all sorts of stones and dust and debris on the road. Of course, a lot gets into the chain from the front wheel, but thats fine, chains are easy to clean/lube. What I dont like is the constant *ting ting ting* from stones hitting my frame. I was thinking a set of full fenders, without mudflap, wouldnt look too bad, and would offer protection. As a side bonus, my chain would stay cleaner, last longer and require less oil (re: $$) in the long run.

Anyone with a newer model sirrus running fenders wanna help with pics so I have an idea? I have to get a new pump anyways, mine died today. It is a wrenchforce and I THINK It has a lifetime warranty so I can just take it back to the shop I got it at Probably get to a bike shop between now and the end of the weekend. I have never seen much damage from stones on any of my bikes, ever, but the dust and tar and crap would be great to keep down, too.

Thanks in advance, and I would really appreciate pictures. By the way, my sirrus is gloss blue.