Old 09-16-09, 04:01 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by smoore
Not to steal your thunder BluesDawg...but I've just been diagnosed with a mild hernia and go see the surgeon tomorrow. I have a feeling this is going to mess up my 6 Gap ride as well. I hope you get to ride.
Ouch! That is likely to be a bigger obstacle than influenza.

Update: My fever broke last night and I've been feeling much better today. I'm planning to go back to work tomorrow. My wife is at the same point of recovery as me although her fever started last Friday while mine started Monday. Difference is that she called my doctor in time to get me started on Tamiflu while she didn't see her doctor soon enough to take it. The rule is to start it within 48 hours of the first symptoms. It seems to work.

I'll take it easy for a couple more days, concentrating on nutrition and hydration. I'll put in some short to medium effort rides over the weekend and step it up through the middle of next week, tapering off during the latter part of the week. I'll probably make a ride day decision whether to go for the 50 or 100 mile ride.