Thread: One more point
View Single Post
Old 03-11-05, 10:25 AM
Blackberry
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by nick burns
Instead of resigning ourselves to being classified as a minority, we should be looking into better ways of convincing people to join us in cycling and pulling ourselves out of that minority category.
Great idea. Tough proposition. One of my good friends simply dismisses the idea of fitness with this line of reasoning: "People in my family don't exercise." Or, as we've all experienced, if you mention that you've ridden farther than around the block, half the people you know will think you're either nuts, training for the TDF or (most likely) both. The truly frightening part: even kids these days seem to be a bunch of butterballs happy to endlessly sit in front of a computer. Speaking of which, I think I'll get out of here and go for a bike ride.