View Single Post
Old 09-18-09, 07:12 AM
dekindy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by landstander
Interesting... I'll have to take a look at this beastie once it becomes available next month. I was considering a Nite Ize SpokeLit, but the Cateye version claims twice the battery life (15 vs 30 hours on steady, 18 vs 50 hours on flash).
You need to have at least 28 spokes with a 2, preferably 3 cross lacing for these to work as advertised. They middle attaches to a spoke and each end has to have a spoke to provide leverage to hold it in place. If you have the proper spoke count and lacing they work great. I cannot use them on my 24 spoke 2cross front wheel.

I don't know where they got them, but my friends got me some valve stem mounted lights that work great. Usually you have to have two or three per wheel but the valve stem mounted one that I received as a gift works as long as you are going 16 miles per hour which is our average night riding speed. The packaging was generic so I don't have a make or model to give you and I didn't ask where they purchased it. A year has went by so they will probably become more available.

Last edited by dekindy; 09-21-09 at 06:03 AM.