Old 09-18-09, 01:09 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rck
While I know that it violates the 1st commandment-"Thou shalt keep holy the pie day ride"-unfortunate circumstances will keep me from riding tomorrow. (prior engagement)

So it was that I woke up this morning with the sweet siren call of pie echoing through whats left of my brain. The choices were either the M@M cafe, a shorter ride, or Irma's, longer but traditional. My legs being weak, cowardly and without heart, argued for the M@M. My stomach, however, being a strong believer in tradition, held out for Irma's. Stomach trumps legs and off to Irma's I went.

A beautiful morning for a ride, it was cool with only a moderate wind. The ride up was made even easier by the thought of pie. I was not disappointed. The dutch apple was excellent and I was not so proud that I was unwilling to lick the plate. The ride home was without event not even a dog bite this time and I made it back in time to join a fellow worker for lunch. There a happy hour was spent ragging about our boss who we treat much better than he deserves.

A beautiful day, a good ride and a great piece of pie. There are times when life is truly sweet. Hope everyone else has a great ride as well.

You win the award for the early pie ride.

Actually, I almost did mine today.

I have a group that meets for breakfast in the very place that I eat my pie, so I bicycled to the gym, swam 45 minutes, then bicycled to the cafe' to meet with my group. I then had pancakes WITH BLUEBERRY SYRUP and rode on - for a grand total of 15 miles.

Close, but not a prize winner!!