Bikes: Miyata circa '90's

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Norco Let down

Hi

Okay here's a bit of rant.

Bought a brand new Norco kwest touring bike. Outfitted with Shimano lx gearing and bontrager wheels. Bar end shifters 3 bottle mounts. etc. Have enjoyed this bike so far except for one extremely annoying (for me) problem. This bike has two mounting pegs for an air pump on the bottom side of the top tube. Great. It's really the only place to mount a Full sized pump. The distance between the two pegs calls for a 380 mm or 15" peg mounted pump. Guess what? Not one manufacturer makes this kind of pump in North America. Zefal is the only manufacturer that makes this kind of pump as far as I have sourced. The Zefal 800 380 mm peg mounted model or the tornade 380 would be perfect but of course no distributors here carry them. How typical. Not one distributor in North America carries the correct model and furthermore will not even bother to order just one of these pumps. Okay Norco why design a bike for this market with peg mounts that no manufacturers of pumps here make? I phoned Norco's head office in Port Coquilam and got some flunky that could care less and had no answers or offered any kind of help. To top it all off Norco's 2010 model called the "Fraser" has the same top tube peg mounts. Are these people dim or what?
Yes I know I could purchase a bottle cage mount mini pump but for heaven's sake why should I have to do that with two perfectly usable peg mounts right there on the top tube? Am in the process of asking a uk bike dealer if he will order this pump for me and am waiting for a response. Anyone else run into a dumb design flaw on their bike? What to do?

Regards,
Greg T