Treespeed
Warning:Mild Peril

Bikes: Cilo, Surly Pacer, Kona Fire Mountain w/Bob Trailer, Scattante

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Serge *******
What can I say? I believe that bike lanes are at the root of most of cyclists' woes, and VC is the solution to most of them. Do you blame me for taking the opportunity to point this out?
Serge, this statement so shows how clueless you are about what happens in other cities. Please go to Seattle and look at all the woeful cyclists on the Dexter, Eastlake, and Madison St. Bike Lanes. Those poor bastards just don't realize how bad they've got it.

You should especially visit the Burke Gilman MUT on a weekday and explain to everyone how miserable and unsafe they really are, and then come back on a weekend and tell all the families with your kids how they should really be out there negotiating on-ramps and 50mph arterials where they would be much safer.

Seriously though, despite all of your many posts you have not made any real connection between any verifiable woes and bike lanes. And it's posts like the one above that do little to make you seem like you are offering a reasoned alternative. When you state that something a lot of people use and enjoy safely on a regular basis, opinions based on experience not just emotion as you are fond of arguing, are the root of all evil in the cycling world, you come off as quite a crank.