cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
I would not buy used on my first road bike. Too many things can go wrong, and your expensive road bike may end up hanging in the garage if you don't thoroughly enjoy how it feels.
In general this is good advice but with research you can go used and establish a good LBS relationship. When I bought my first serious raod bike I picked out an LBS after shopping around a bit. I also did a lot of bike research on my own so I new about what I wanted. My LBS had new road bikes and used road bikes. Since I established a relationship, they knew what I wanted and what I wanted to spend, they showed me several used bikes and frames - they also did a fitting so they knew what size bike was right for me. They recommended I buy used and showed me two frames that fit my size and requirements. One was a beautiful Simoncini, columbus XLS tubing and nickel plated - the other a Bianchi. I choose the Simoncini and they built it with Campy components. Thats was over 15 years ago and I still love that bike - I replaced the drive train last year with new campy carbon chorus.

Soooo you can have used and a relationship with an LBS.