View Single Post
Old 09-19-09, 08:39 PM
DelusionalDude

Bikes: Giant Sedona, vintage unknown. Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, vintage unknown.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Homeyba
This isn't necessarily true for everyone. It's possible that your "natural" cadence is actually up around 90. You just had to work yourself up to it. I've been riding for a long time and have been a masher for years. I have tried several times to increase my cadence. I can get my cadence up and keep it there for short rides (around 100 miles+/-) but as soon as I do an ultra race or long brevet I revert back to my slower more natural cadence. Some people spin fast and others spin slower just like some people are fast runners and others are slower.
Are you effin kidding me!?! In what country or condition is 100 miles a short ride!?! If you can turn any cadence for a 100 mile ride you are doing a good job! 100 miles = short ride..... yeah and I'm typing with my toes while standing on my head and cooking a gourmet breakfast.

To the OP.... with the load you're towing, you have two jobs:
1)Get everyone there.
2)Get them there safely.

The cadence you use to do so will depend on the terrain, the wind, your performance level on that day. Take care of that precious cargo.