Old 03-12-05, 01:30 AM
shabbasuraj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bloomanchoo
Hi...
I'm a graphic designer who has recently found himself designing more and more graphics for bike frames... and I need some help from the pros out there.
When designing for normal, classic frames with straight tubes I have no problem producing graphics decals to fit. But lately, I'm having quite a difficult time designing "correctly-sized" decals for a client of mine who produces uniquely shaped frames (various tube shapes and curves)...

I'm wondering if any experts can point me in the right direction for surface area formulas, CAD programs for the mac, and general practice and theory notes on bike decal design.... etc...

PLEASE HELP IN THE NAME of GOOD BIKE DESIGN!!!!!

sincerely, a new graphic artist serving the greater biking community

S.
I agree with you graphic design in the biking world really is hurtin'. I personally feel that if I am gonna drop a few K's on a bicycle, then at the very least that bike should look aesthetically pleasing, in terms of the graphics. Sometimes it is not all about the graphics but rather the finish of the paint.

If possible I would love to get my frame and certain components hard anodized (type III) in a natural 'olive drab' colour but I know that would cost a small fortune.

As with decals, I like having them on my bike but 'decal overkill' is something most manufacturers are often guilty of.

Personally I tend to think that road bikes generally have more innovative graphics with regards to the paint colour schemes and graphics...

my 0.02...

PS: Can you imagine an entire bike finished in HA Type III.... just sick... and you would know that the parts would be nearly scratch proof and the finish would be durable as hell......

Last edited by shabbasuraj; 03-12-05 at 01:41 AM.