View Single Post
Old 09-21-09, 06:57 PM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Why do I think this is a joke? I may be off base and don't want to start a flame war but here is what I read.

"I had never raced Cat 4's before since I jumped cats due to my previous road and XC racing"
I can not imagine going to a race director and saying I don't feel very good today and have to be somewhere else when my catagory races, so can I race down?

"when we paused someone behind us immediately yelled "you guys are f*cing idiots, get out of the way". Then another guy yelled "get the f*ck off the course". We were only about 30 feet into the race at this point."
I find it hard to believe that anyone would "pause" 30 feet into a race and not expect others to complain. At 30 feet I'm trying to clip in and hammer to the first turn.

"I new I was going to have to let them pass though because I agreed to not podium. Right after that my front brakes seized up. I jumped off and fixed them and got back into about 8th place. Then I heard the hissing and new my day was done."
If he didn't plan to race hard then leave the race just before the finish line, why did he get ahead of any riders in the first place? If you are racing N/C it should not matter where you finish or if you don't want to cause any confusion at the finish just get off the course before the end.

If I'm off base then I apologize for attempting to read too deep into the rant.