Old 09-22-09, 12:15 PM
idrinkred

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boy, did you nail it! That's the exact feeling I got when I was in there last Tuesday.

I was the only person looking at bikes. First salesman just didn't seem excited to help me. Guess I interrupted something more important to him. When he went to check stock on a bike I wanted to test ride, well I guess that was his chance to get away. I waited a LONG time for him to return. Second guy showed up and asked if I'd been helped. Told him I was waiting for someone who was checking stock so he walked off. Waited another 5-10 minutes. Second guy came back and said he would be able to help me. Never saw the first guy again.

The two bikes I test rode both had really glitchy gearing. I've heard such high praise for Cannondale and Specialized that I had to wonder...was it the fault of the store and the service department not keeping their floor models in very good working order? How much of a headache would it be to do business with them?

If Plano C&F was looking for new customers they sure it blew it last Tuesday. Their loss was RBMs gain. I left Plano C&F and went right back to RBM where I dropped nearly a grand on a new bike and accessories that same day.

The liklihood I'll return to Plano C&F or recommend them is quite low. But the chance I'll share my story with others is pretty high.