View Single Post
Old 09-22-09, 03:45 PM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PedallingATX
OCLV-- I was gonna tell you that it just looked like a cosmetic scratch, but then I see you figured that out. I think people can be a little too nervous when it comes to CF sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I would never ride a cracked CF frame, but paint scratches are pretty common on bikes. I'm glad the frame is okay, very cool bike.

Also, that prince is my dream bike except w/ campy instead of sram
It actually is a paint crack, not a scratch. The clear coat is actually still fine, and the material is smooth. It is under the clear on the base coat, but above the CF. The thing that freaked me out, is on Sunday, when I was riding in Columbus I stopped by a Trek Store, and one of the guys commented on my bike, and sparked a conversation about it. He told me about a customer who had one crack and they gave him a new Madone. I was like that's cool and all, but I don't like the Madones I'd rather have the 5200. Then when I got back to my friend's house I was wiping it down, and noticed the paint cracks, and I figured that must be where the creaking I've been chasing around was coming from. I've already replaced the BB bearings, and the pedals, but it persists on extremely hard efforts. So given all those circumstances, it led me to believe it was the frame at that point. I am glad it isn't though.