View Single Post
Old 09-22-09, 05:58 PM
direxpo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hi from Northern Virginia - Canopus

I have loved cycling and bicyles since my earliest memories. I started riding in a more serious (non-competitive) way when I turned 29 years old. In the 1980s, my family and I started a frameset building shop in Colombia, South America. The brand name we chose for our product: Canopus, named after the brightest star in the southern hemisphere. The frameshop was designed and developed by my father (a mechanical engineer) with help and input from italian Bike Machinery, tubing and parts manufacturers.
And so our products became internationally known in the amateur as well as the professional road racing circles. Races were won by teams on our bicycles in the US, Chile, Colombia, Sweden, Soviet Union, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica and others throughout the 80s and 90s. In those days I accompanied many races in many countries. Sadly, the frameshop ceased operations in the mid 1990s. Today I enjoy doing google searches to find Canopus framesets still being sold in the aftermarket. If any one of you wishes to know more about Canopus bicycle framesets, I will be happy to answer your questions. I would also be happy to hear from those who still own or have at any point owned a Canopus bike.
I look forward to connecting with you

direxpo
Likes For direxpo: