Old 09-23-09, 02:37 PM
NealJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't ridden in 12 years (really) what to do with my bikes?

Hello:

I am not a bike expert and I could really use some advice.

I have two bikes. Bike #1 is a Bianchi Timber Wolf and Bike #2 is a Shogun 10-speed regular road bike (not sure of exact model name). I have not ridden in over 12 years. Yes, very sad, but true. The Shogun hasn't been ridden in probably 20 years. The Bianchi hasn't been ridden in about 12 years. I currently have the Bianchi at a local shop for a tune-up and it will cost me about $75 (tune-up, parts, labor, etc...). I was going to bring up the Shogun, but I know that it would probably cost me more than $75 (I know it needs new tires).

It is my intention to ride more often (don't ask why I stopped riding, because I really don't know). My neighborhood has expanded and there are good places to ride around the neighborhood (not off-road, just on the road, asphalt).

I would like your honest opinion on what to do. I don't really see the need to keep both bikes. I am 39 years old, married, and have three kids (8 and under) and I really won't be mountain riding. I got the Bianchi when I lived in Colorado.

I would like the bike to be easily transported. The Bianchi has a quick release on the front wheel, the Shogun does not. I do not have a bike rack for the car, nor do I plan on getting one. Right now I just put the Bianchi in the trunk of the car (Honda Civic with the back seat folded down).

Are the bikes worth anything? Should I hold on to them? Keep one and sell the other? Sell both and move up to a newer bike?

Funds are limited (as in not much there) and I already have to pay $75 for the Bianchi.

Thank you in advance for your advice and assistance.

-Neal