View Single Post
Old 09-24-09, 11:32 AM
LeatherneckPA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I decided today that if 15 minutes was too much I'd start this week with 10 minutes. I was puffing a little when I got home, but nothing like with fifteen. Will try the bike tomorrow with my DW. Probably just the one out, one back route again. Hopefully in a week or two I can cruise around the river road (4.5 miles). Now that summer is over and the river lots are empty it won't be so bad.

And yes, I am a Marine. That's one of the things that has always frustrated me. I have the training. But after I blew my ankles out I couldn't run regularly anymore. Boy did the pounds pack on fast. I've spent the last 25 years at or near 300 lbs. But it was always a comfortable, capable 300. I could sprint to body alarms, wrestle inmates to submission, and even was on both SWAT and RIOT teams over the years. In the year since I retired I'd gained another 40-50 pounds though, and that just plain scares me. That plus the fact that I can't climb the three flights of stairs at the school where I sub without gasping at the top.

I think I'm going to use this thread to log my progress, so it will probably pop to the top once a week or so. I don't know why, but I have found in the past that tracking my progress with friends seemed to make a difference.

Last edited by LeatherneckPA; 09-24-09 at 11:38 AM.