Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeshoup
Looking at Specialized's website:

2010 Expert:
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...irrus&eid=4356

2009 Expert:
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...009&spid=39272

The only notable difference I can tell is the 2010 is a 10 speed model and the 2009 is a 9 speed model. The 10 speed has a 12-27T cassette and the 9 speed has a 11-28T cassette. They just gave you more speeds and a closer range cassette. Whether that's enough to warrant a 2010 over a 2009, I'm not sure.

As well as the price on a 2009 model, I'm not sure either. Should be able to get a good discount on one.
Thanks Mike, so far I am leaning towards the 2010 as I am not having any luck locating a 2009 anywhere (100 mile radius) near me.

Originally Posted by Saddle Up
The 2010 Expert uses E5 aluminum in it's frame, the 09 uses A1. The 2010 has a lighter stronger frame? Specialized does the same with all of their aluminum lines of bikes. You can choose which level of frame technology you'd like to pay for. The Tricross uses E5 at the Comp level and up, the Crosstrail uses M4 on the Pro version, for 2010 the Sirrus Expert uses E5 aluminum.
As a Clydesdale (albeit a shrinking one) I like the idea of a stronger frame,

Originally Posted by Turnin2
I own a 2009 Sirrus Expert- I really like the bike. So far this year I have almost 2K miles on it. The only change I made was to put 23c tires on it. The bar ends are nice for the different positions, but there is more weight on my hands than with my old bike and I needed different gloves to help with numbness. The bike is more comfortable to ride hard than to take it easy. I can ride 30 miles fast no problem, but I dont like to ride 5 miles on the MUP slow. It is a good workout bike and the riding position is good for riding in traffic, but I usually do not ride more than 2 hours so I don't really know about it for long non-stop rides.
Any pictures?

Last edited by AiredaleII; 09-25-09 at 09:25 PM.