View Single Post
Old 09-26-09, 06:50 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lindaosm
It's called the Alachua Lake Overlook. It's "E" on this map. (Great map by the way)
http://www.afn.org/~froghat/

The Sweetwater Overlook is also very picturesque. Makes for some nice rest stops especially after some of those hills! I haven't done the whole trail yet myself but have made it to the Alachua Overlook from Hawthorne which is only about 1.5 miles from Bowlware park.

Hubby and I are planning on going tomorrow. I just hope we can get started early enough. The heat this afternoon just about did me in.

LindaN

The BBQ place in Hawthorne used to be a Sonny's but now it's Diane's. No salad bar but great ribs!
Doh!!! Your right... it was Sonny's .. Dunno how I forgo that... Yep that overlook is very picturesque. I have ridden some of the mountain bike trails waaaay over on the other side of it. Cant remember the name of the state park that I rode in but its south of Gainesville.

Good luck on beating the heat tomorrow and have fun...