estabro
lungbuster

Bikes: Trek 5000 Road, SSFG Road, Kona FS MTN, Frankenbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Palomar01
Sorry. I just needed to get his off my chest.

My home is located on a very long hill. The last mile of my fitness rides is a climb and that last 1/8 of it is a 10% grade. Not exactly the best way to warm down on a hard ride. There is an alternative, which takes me across this park with an MUP in one section, then a final 200 feet of wide pathway bordering a grassy field. This area is flat so I can use it to warm down before I get home. It is way better than struggling up a hill when I am suppose to be winding down.

My problem is the amount of activity that has been occurring in this park lately. Every weekday afternoon, there are these little kids (ages 6-9) who play an organized little soccer practice session in that empty grassy field. Their parents watch them and stand/sit around with their coolers and chairs in the way of passersby using the Pathway. The parents can choose to stand/sit on the grassy area, which they have plenty of room to do, but for whatever reason they choose to block be on the paved path and partially or fully block passersby! This has been happening for about three weeks now since school started. At first I was pretty nice, slowing to a stop until the parents see me and open up a path for me ride on. But this is getting old! Yesterday, I had to walk my bike because there were so many parents, with their kids, all blocking the pathway and they were all busy yacking. Some of the parents seemed embarassed that I had to get off my bike and walk around their fat-asses blocking the path. Some parents couldn't care less while they sat on their folding chairs while drinking sodas. I used to smile and say excuse me and thank them. Now, I'm so annoyed I just give them the look and say "Watch out!" in an assertive voice. Some of them move over, other times, they just stand there ambivalent to what is happening around them. Everyone, including joggers and dog walkers have to tiptoe around these parents and it just bugs me. I'm not sure whether I should just say what's on my mind when I encounter them next time or just bite my tongue and tiptoe around these people. I'm afraid I might say something that is rated R and regret it later.

How would you handle it?

I suppose I can simply avoid the path and suffer the long hill home. But I do enjoy riding that small stretch of path because it is usually peaceful and devoid of inconsiderate, self-absorbed, deaf people. Today, I had to yell at someone who just would not budge and I had no place to go! She still just stood there! I wanted to just ram her but of course, it would end up being my fault! It's not like I ride at speed. On the contrary, I'm going barely faster than walking speed when I get to the crowded area.
Sounds good.