View Single Post
Old 09-29-09, 08:04 PM
sh00k

Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
i feel that quality is something that, if you can afford, is absolutely worth it... seeing a bike of this caliber reminds me of a trip to starbucks over the summer... i was stepping out of starbucks with my coffee in hand when i saw a girl in jeans and a huge messenger bag (i dont think she was a messenger tho)... she was on what had to be a $2,000+ triathalon bike... i dont remember the brand but it looks like the trek triathalon frame... maybe it was a fuji - the frame shapes are similar... it looks like she was going to class or coming from class... what really shocked me was the bike plus the fact that she was in full jeans and sneakers on such a killer ride....

regardless, some may call it overkill but i dont think it's overkill if you can afford the quality. obviously the girl i saw could afford the bike and she is probably having an awesome time riding it around in nyc traffic... who knows.... maybe if my office building starts allowing bikes inside (instead of locking them up outside), maybe i'd get a triathalon bike to commute with.... LOLOL