View Single Post
Old 09-30-09, 12:38 PM
mclimbin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your opinions, everyone.

First, what do you call pedals that have no attachments at all? I have a hard time distinguishing between "clipless" and "no toe clips." I understand "clipless" (unintuitively) means the kind that have shoes that lock in (seems to be a kind of clip to me, which is why it seems unintuitive), but how about your just plain pedals? (Let me guess, those are called "just plain pedals" )

Second, I don't think I'm ready to go clipless. I'm not interested in putting in that much money. If it were for a touring or racing bike that I planned to do heavy riding on, then I could see it, but this is really a recreational bike that I use to tool around town with my daughter attached to the back.

I do, however, miss the toe clips, though I don't miss the hassle of getting into them. Getting out is really not a problem, as I never kept them that tight. It sounds like the half clips are not popular though? Masiman, when you said "consider getting half clips for your daughter's TAB," you were talking about my daughter's pedals, right? If that is the case, why do you think they'd be better for my daughter?

Thanks again,
Michael