Thread: Who are you?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-01, 12:49 AM
pat5319

Bikes: Seven Axiom Ti, Trek 620, Masi cylocross (steel). Masi Souleville 8spd, Fat Chance Mtn. (steel), Schwinn Triple Bar cruiser, Mazi Speciale Fix/single, Schwinn Typhoon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi there,
I'm 50 yrs old, 5'9" or 5'8 1/2" depending on which leg I'm standing on, weigh 227 lbs down from almost 240 from health problems the last couple of years and not being able to do much, (160 to 165 when I raced a few years back, 155 during my divorce).
I got into cycling about 30 years ago to stay in shape for skiing after I blew out my knee from playing motor-cycles and crashing rugby and "sandlot" tackle football. For some reason I couldn't run anymore after that stuff. A couple years after that I met a guy who raced and he taught me some technique, (I was doing it all wrong), we've been riding partners, team-mates and close friends since.
I used to cook, work in the ski-business and a few bike shops untill my knees really went south and carpal-tunnel raised it's ugly head. I have a BA from Eastern Washington University '88 and now sell insurance, (I can't believe it either).
I live in Spokane WA, I've tried some other places, but the riding is too good here and this IS home. ( I'm toying with the idea of starting a tour service here)
Bikes:
Sannino road frame w/mixture of Campy record from various eras including 8spd ergo
Older Sannino road frame set up as fixed gear to work on my spin
Masi Prestige w/ Campy 50th Anniversary
Trek 520 upgraded w/record hubs set up as a "mudbike"
Fat Chance mtn bike w/ Suntour
Gitane '73 mostly campy record (huret derailleur)
Schwinn Speedster for commuting
Schwinn "52? cruiser for commuting in winter and early season training
Schwinn "triple bar cruiser" turning into all Campy cruiser- work in progress
Bianchi and Raleigh spares for others to ride
Other past and present activities and interests; Ballet, Boxing, Modern, Swing and ballroom dance, Ju-Jitsu, cooking, Art, Tae-Kwon Do, Reading, Theatre, Fishing, Bike racing, and Camping etc. etc.

If you're going to be around here let me know!

Anything else woud probably be REALLY boring
Later
Pat Stowe

Last edited by pat5319; 07-16-01 at 02:37 PM.