View Single Post
Old 03-15-05, 09:44 AM
spanky4x4

Bikes: 88 c'dale mtb, early 80's mongoose mtb,82 schwinn heavy duti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lotsa of good post but I'll add a little.

I am a car guy from way back. as much as i enjoy bikes ,my love for all thing's mechanical is wide and farreaching. I have built and raced nascar type cars as well as drag racing. mud trucks,rockcrawlers and many assorted 4x4's. restored antiques to modern day hot rods. I built a boat for the local river when I couldnt find one i liked. I love working on thing...to see my vision of how it should be take place in front of me. The one thing that kills that love and joy is when I have had to take a job as a wrench to make ends meet. Even part time. I have two projects in the garage now that arent even close to being done due to the lack of motivation. right now its just not fun to work on them.

I have turned my ambition to bikes over the last 2 years and would have to say that a full time job ,with all the restrictions that go with it,would overshadow the joy I find in my bikes. I truly believe you should enjoy what you do for a job. it makes life so much easier when you dont hate your job.

but I will never again do what I love for my job. it sucks the life out of me and make life miserable. I currently am looking for a job as well, or touring. I leave next monday for 5 days to see how it goes. if I dont have any leads by then, who knows? for me, I'll do and have done most anything for a job. but I cant take my hobbie's to work any more