View Single Post
Old 10-02-09, 12:12 AM
mustang1

Bikes: 2006 road bike, 2012 cx bike, 2012 carbon rb, 2014 hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Never mind jubal, sometimes these things happen. I bought my daughter a specialized hotwalk a while back (she loves it!) for £90. I was thnking of getting her a bike from a box store but wanted her first bike to be a nice one frm an LBS. I didn't know how much she'd ride it.

The my daughter, wife, and me went to an LBS to get her next bike. I was gonna get a cheap bike as her second one but something in the air told me I better stick with an LBS. We went there and I had pre-ordered a Speciailized Hotrock 12 but daughter decided she preferred the size of a 14, so we bought a Ridgeback honey (good british brand, maybe you haven't heard of it).

In the store, they had the 2010 Hotwalk and my wife saw the price (it had risen to £100) and commented "Oh my god, you spent £100 on that bike?"... she was already 'weird' that we would spend £130 on a Honey when you can get a 'perfectly good bike from a box store for £50 and a top of the range one for £100!'

I'm just sticking with LBSs because I dont have too much time to flabble about with box stores even if you build it up yourself.