Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,535 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by Serge *******
This is from John Forester's website.

Hope it helps.

http://www.johnforester.com/BTEO/ectraining.htm

Children's Effective Cycling...
On these tests, nearly all students pass, and the class average scores have been about 95% on a test where 70% is the minimum passing score, and on which the average untrained adults cycling in the same city earn flunking scores around 55% to 60%. In other words, the children, within their scope of qualification, ride far better than nearly all adults riding bicycles.
1. Anybody know if this course, as described, has been offered anywhere in the US in the last 20 years or so? I suspect the answer is Zero or pretty darn close.

2. The course material may or may not be useful to uninterested or distracted students, I have no comment.

3. The significance of the test numbers above; juggled, fabricated and extrapolated beyond all credible reason to arrive at the above conclusion are an example of Forester's habit of using outrageous statistical distortions in order to bamboozle the gullible about the effectiveness of his course. The evidence presented should not be taken seriously. Details of the statistical deceipt involved can be provided if requested.