View Single Post
Old 10-03-09, 09:45 AM
lowranchero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dang! Still looking

sold my track bike in april to fund the purchase of a vintage lightweight. after several lost ebay auctions and next to no luck locally, i'm still looking.
example: as i was picking up my wife's bike from the lbs, the owners's friend dropped by to chat. we are about the same size and of course i noticed his ride, (a weathered but solid 80's De Rosa. "Nice bike.", i say. he says that it's his girlfriend's bike and that he uses it mainly for commuting. he adds that he's not into the "old stuff". he races new bikes. so i ask if he's willing to sell. if i had cash in hand he probably would have sold, but since i did not he said he had to check with his girl. this was feeling promising. so much so that i dreamt about the bike. after almost two weeks of emails, calls and test rides girlfriend decides that she does not want to sell the bike. bummer for me but if i was her i also would not sell. just heard yesterday that the De Rosa and boyfriend's new bikes were stolen from his home. DANG! everyone loses and i'm still looking for a bike.
BTW: i'm in san diego and looking for something in the 52-54cm range. lowranchero@gmail.com