B10Cycle
Permanent Amateur Mark

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Nishiki MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I must be doing something right...

About 3 weeks ago or so I got to pick my bike back up again after about 2 months off the bike and with an eye to race for the first time. I found one nice loop that I rode a few times- about 16 or 17 miles not too killler or anything. I hadn't ridden it in about two weeks, but the last times I had I would struggle up kind of weak hills and not feel very strong at all, averaging about 15-15.5 mph over the whole thing.

I've spent the last two weeks doing all kinds of riding- intervals, endurance, recovery, but without any real defined system. Today I pick up and head back out on the loop I mentioned before. I'm not feeling great all day so I'm not expecting a lot. I roll out, great a huge headwind, my expectations for this ride are sinking lower. I get rolling and I feel pretty solid as I work up the hills feeling much strong than before. I'm rolling along and I feel great. One hill-ish part that used to kill me, wasn't so bad anymore.

Over the whole ride I averaged 17.7 mph, including several minutes of very slow rolling in city traffic. I really didn't feel like I was killing myself like I had been before and my speed and spinning have gotten so much better in such a short time. This is a great feeling to be coming along like I am now. I'm thinking a longer ride tomorrow, maybe 25-30 miles at as strong a pace as I can manage.