Thread: Miyata XO
View Single Post
Old 10-04-09, 01:01 PM
old and new

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you're that concerned with cylecross, focus on a cyclecross bike. Miyata made them too, almost the same bike though. I can't figure out your "intended as such" .

Having owned Miyata bonded frames over some nineteen years, I've not had failures, then again I've not beaten on them nor have I crossed or racked-up all that many miles on any given bike. Although one had be raced for two seasons.

I've read of failures, these failures seem to exist only in the imaginations of certain individuals here in the forums for instance. Yet, no one can vouch for such failures. It seems they've "heard of" or someone said or read. Frankly, the first time I even heard negative things about Ti and Al. bonded frames in regards to vulnerability was in another forum, again, the person only had "heard" and he liked his bike.

My only complaint of these bonded-lug frames and in early Vitus Al. bikes is that changing the headset and related races down below can be problematic, they freeze. These days newly designed headsets are favored for that and other reasons.

I also don't understand the "XO" bit. they were another brand.

If you're in the possition to buy one or own one ... they are fine bikes.